About Me

My photo
Creative cards, scrapbooking, crafting tips.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Transfer Paper Video Tutorial, Oh My!

For this week's blog post I made my first ever video tutorial!  You can learn how to make fabulous flour sack towels with stamped images like this: 

Watch the tutorial here....


If you don't want to watch the premiere of my first video tutorial.... here are written instructions.

Supplies:
Lesley Riley's TAP Transfer Artist Paper
Stamp set of your choice
Ink of your choice - I recommend Memento if you are coloring your image with Blendabilities or any marker
Eleanor Stamp Set
A Happy Thing Sale-A-Bration Stamp set
Flour Sack Towel (I got mine at Wal-Mart, but Target carries them as well.)
Iron
Ironing Board
Ruler

I used a new stamp set that will be available FREE with any $50 Stampin' Up purchase during the Sale-A-Bration from January 6th - March 31st, 2015.  They are lots of free products that will be available with a $50 purchase including but not limited to paper, Stampin' Blendabilities, stamp sets, and more!  Be sure to check out my website and my online store over at www.stamplikeaprincess.com

  • Do not use any stamps that have letters or words.  You are ironing on the reverse image, so words will come out backwards. 
  •  Practice stamping your image first on cardstock to make sure you have your design the way you would like it laid out.
  • I cut my transfer paper long-wise at 4 1/4 so your paper measures 4 1/4 x 11
  • Stamp your images onto the white side of the transfer paper.  Trim the sides of your transfer paper if necessary.
  • Heat up your iron.  Your iron needs to be at the hottest heat setting and needs to be dry.  NO WATER in the iron!
  • Iron your towel, just the general area where your image is going to be transferred onto.
  • Lay your image face down onto your towel and measure to make sure it is centered. 
  • Place the iron on top of the image and move slowly over entire surface making sure to get edges of paper.  The paper will begin to change color as the image transfers.  Continue ironing until paper has changed color.  Lift edge of paper to see if it will come up easily.  If not, you need to iron more.  While hot, lift paper off of towel and see your beautiful image transferred onto your towel! 
  • It is a little stiff where the image has been transferred, I throw the towel into the washing machine with a little soap on a normal cycle.  I also dry it in the dryer, then iron it upside down before giving as a gift. 

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!  Have fun creating and remember.... you don't have to be a princess to stamp like one!

Thanks for stopping by.
Heidi
 

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job. You'd never know it was your first video. This was a great idea. Your instructions were great...very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder job. I learned something new to try.

    ReplyDelete