About Me

My photo
Creative cards, scrapbooking, crafting tips.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Painted Petals Blog Hop

I have been invited to join in a Creative Blog Hop by a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Wendy Cranford. I have never met Wendy in person but she lives in a small town in California where my brother actually used to live, so I felt an immediate connection with her. Hopefully I will get to meet her some day in person, I really admire her work.

You can view Wendy's blog here: http://www.luvinstampin.com/

 The Creative Blog Hop asks us to answer 4 questions about ourselves and is a way of introducing you to somebody else and learning a bit more about each of us.

 • What are you working on?
 I am currently working on prepping for a card class that I am doing out of my home this week. They are an ensemble of cards. Here is one of them, probably my favorite one!  This is using the fabulous new Irresistibly Yours paper that I used for the first time.  You can get it free during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 purchase.  I used sponge daubers to color the paper blue with marina mist ink pad, then wiped off excess with a kleenex.  The ink wipes off of the embossed leaves and they stay white, while the rest of the paper absorbs the ink.  I need to do a YouTube video on this paper, it really is fun and you need to see it to get the full effect.

 See below for products used.

Marina Mist base cut in half
Whisper White Mat 4" x 5 1/4"
Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP 2" x 5 1/8"
Marina Mist 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Whisper White 3" x 3"
• How does your work differ from others in your genre?
 I try to put a bit of an original twist on things.  I like cards that I make to have an independent style, I don't want them to look like every other card I see out there on Pinterest.   I want them to stand out and be different in some way.  If I CASE (copy and share everything) a card, I try to put some sort of spin on it so that its' not a carbon copy of someone else's work. 

 • Why do you create what you do?
 I love to create!  Whether it is a project to give to a friend or for a class, I enjoy making it personal and thinking what that person likes or doesn't like that I am giving it to.   They seem touched that I put a lot of thought into their card.  I find that when I am stamping or creating, it makes me happy! 
 
 • How does your creative process work?
I usually start out with a particular stamp set in mind that I want to work with.  From there I browse on Pinterest or YouTube to look for fresh ideas using that stamp set.  They are both great resources.  Sometimes people hit a wall without taking advantage of searching with a stamp set name.  It opens the door and gives lots of ideas. There are so many talented crafters out there!  The possibilities are endless!  Once I finish my project, I take a photo of it and post it on my blog and Pinterest for others.  I am honored when others pin my projects!

Thanks for getting to know me better.   Please check my friends blogs next week to see what creations they are going to have on their sites and to learn a bit more about them.  I am so lucky to have a network of talented stampers!

Please visit www.stamplikeaprincess.com if you need to place an order.
Thanks for stopping by,
Heidi


Here are links to my friends' blogs, don't forget to check them after February 9th. They are both talented stampers.
Pam Allen
http://www.theserialstamper.com/

Marcee Rodgers
http://thecraftbinsu.blogspot.com/



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment